Year established: 2012
Mobile compatible: Yes
Overall rating: B+
Recommended: For recreational players
Unibet Australia Review
The Unibet group is another of the large bookmakers originally based on the UK, which has expanded its offering worldwide and decided to launch a dedicated site under the same name within Australian jurisdiction. Unibet adheres to the licensing and regulations by Australia’s Northern Territory Government, meaning you can be confident that your funds are safe and secure at all times. It’s also part of various organisations promoting ethical gambling in an effort to reduce any problem gambling, a definitely plus that adds a feel good factor when using the platform. UK and US customers can’t currently make an account on the Australian version of Unibet, but there is a worldwide/UK focused version so head to find this instead if you end up here by accident.
As a result of becoming one of the bigger bookmakers across the world, Unibet is able to offer an extensive variety of sport and leagues for Australian customers to enjoy. Horse Racing is given its own tab to reflect the long time love of Australian sports bettors for this cracking sport. Football, Rugby, American Sports and more are also available, or take a step into the virtual world with betting on the biggest E Sports matches around the world. Unibet also has some some betting on Current Affairs and Politics too, so if you think you know who might be the next Prime Minister you can go ahead and put your money where your mouth is. Each sport is broken down into leagues and countries so if you’re looking for your favourite teams next game its easy to find. Unibet also has regular daily price boosts on all the biggest events around, which is a nice feature to give a bit of value back to us sports bettors. Not only this, both new and existing customers can acces some decent bonuses, with a 100% deposit match on sign up as standard, along with regular refunds, horse racing free bets and more.
Unibet also has a Live Betting section on its site, showing all the games and events taking place around the world at this very moment. The odds of each event automatically update for you, as the game progresses, and you can get an update score line too before you place any bets. You cant actually place the bets on the Unibet website, but there is a dedicated number you can call to place them with a Unibet Operator.
As a result of current Australian regulation heavily against online gambling, Unibet can’t offer an online Casino on its platform at the moment.
Usability of the Site
Unibet is a custom built website, seamlessly put together with modern branding, graphics and advertising. The distinctive logo and green colour scheme is memorable, navigation flawless, and overall balance to site obvious to see. To deposit and withdraw, customers need to use a bank card or PayPal, as at the moment E Wallets like Neteller and Skrill aren’t available for use in Australia. Unibet offers top notch customer support on its site through Phone, Email and 24/7 Live Chat, so you can be assured that if you have any issues or queries, they get resolved quickly and painlessly.
Unibet is definitely one of the better bookmakers on the market today. The comprehensive Sportsbook has competitive odds, decent promotions and also some really quality daily price boosts that will no doubt make customers continuously come back for more.
– Reliable, high profile and well established bookmaker;
– Long trusted name in online wagering;
– Excellent range of Australian and International betting markets;
– Great selection of local Australian matches;
– Huge range of sports markets, especially soccer;
– All the betting options you need on one site;
– Great odds on a wide range of international markets;
– Great welcome bonus on your first deposit;
– Unibet TV streams selected sporting events live online;
– Simple and effective website design;
– Access to sports statistics and horse racing form guides;
– Payout on winning bets very quickly;
– Good range of effective customer service options.
– Not a traditional Australian bookmaker;
– Not as many regular promotions as competitors;
– Live online betting is not available due to Australian law;
– Their odds aren’t great on the less popular sports;
– Bonus offers exclude some regions;
– Restricted play in some countries;
– Limited banking facilities.
Visa/Mastercard, PayPal, POLi, Bank Transfer
*Keep in mind to double check information. Be prepared for changes to restricted countries, bonuses, currencies, deposit and payment options, languages, contact info.
New Customers Only. 18+. T&Cs Apply.